Frequently Asked Questions
- Winning teams of any official ITT local league division are eligible to attend one National Qualifier within 12 months from the date their local league ends. Teams may also compete in the qualifier immediately following the 12 months. If the winning team is unable to compete in any National Qualifier within the 12 months plus the immediate qualifier, the second-place team will become eligible to attend within the same time frame.
- For every four (4) teams in any official ITT local league division, one (1) team will qualify.
- All players must provide an NTRP rating. Ratings from the start of the local league will be used. If a player has not played in a USTA league to generate a rating, a self-rating will be accepted.
- All players must be registered Impact Team Tennis members and must be at least 18 years of age prior to the start of the National Qualifier. All players participating in the Senior division must be at least 50 years of age (or 60 if playing in the Super Senior division) within the calendar year.
- Teams entering the Senior divisions qualify to attend a Regional Championship by either winning their local league or tournament (if one is available) or by assembling a team if a local league or tournament is not available. Assembled teams will use the most current NTRP ratings on file since they did not qualify from a local league or tournament.
- Only those players registered on the original local league roster are eligible to play in a Regional Championship. All players must have played at least two (2) local matches for their qualifying team. A team must have played at least three (3) matches. A maximum of 10 rostered players per team may participate. This max of 10 players includes the alternate player.
- Each team will be allowed to add one (1) alternate player to their Regional Championship roster. This alternate player must be registered for and played in at least two matches for any local Impact Team Tennis league held within the past 14 months. If this player is being added from the season the team qualified from, they may use their NTRP rating from the time of that league. If this player is being added from a different season, they must use their current NTRP rating.
- List all team members on your entry, even those not attending. Only those players listed on the Regional Championship entry are eligible to compete at the Impact Team Tennis Nationals.
- Rosters (including NTRP ratings) and photo I.D.’s will be check, prior to and at the tournament, respectively.
- A player may compete on two (2) teams at the same Regional Championships as long as the teams are in different divisions. No special scheduling will be accommodated.
- Teams are guaranteed a minimum of two matches.
- The first 16 completed entries for each division will be guaranteed a spot in the event.
- Confirmation letters will be sent to team captains at least one week prior to the event.
- Final decisions will be made by the tournament director.
- 3.0 & under
- 3.5 & under
- 4.0 & under
- 4.5 & under
- Senior 3.5 & under
- Senior 4.0 & under
- Senior 4.5 & under
- Super Senior 3.5 & under
- Super Senior 4.0 & under
The average NTRP rating of the top two men and top two women is used to determine a team’s level of competition. For example:
John 4.0 Sally 3.5
Alex 4.0 Joan 4.0
Mike 3.5 Ann 3.5
The best 4 players are: 4.0 + 4.0 + 4.0 + 3.5 = 15.5
15.5 divided by 4 players = 3.8
This team would compete in the 4.0 & under division
- With the exception of the Super Senior divisions, the standard Impact Team Tennis format will be used (two courts; six sets; six games per set; nine-point tiebreaker at five games all; no-ad scoring).
- The Super Senior divisions will not play singles and will play eight games per set with a nine-point tiebreaker at seven games all.
- In the event of inclement weather, the five set (one court) format may be used.
- Residence Inn Orlando Lake Nona for $169 USD per night (book by 2/2/23)
- SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Nona for $159 USD per night (book by 2/3/23)
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Nona for $169 USD per night (book by 2/6/23)